Everything about the Social Security Disability form
One of the most critical parts of the application process is filling out the Social Security Disability form correctly. A lot of people find that their claims were denied, or the entire process has been lengthened due to incorrectly filling up the claims form.
You can apply for Social Security Disability in various ways:
- Over the phone via the SSA toll free number 1-800-772-1213 where you can book an appointment with a representative who will help you fill out the Social Security Disability form.
- For those with hearing issues, the SSA offers a TTY option (1-800-325-0778)
- Call the toll free number, book an appointment to meet with an SSA Officer at the SSA Office that is most convenient for you to visit.
Of all the methods, the online application is the easiest and fastest way to apply for Disability. You can fill in the Social Security Disability form online, take a printout of it once done and either mail it or personally hand it over at your nearest SSA office.
Types of Social Security Disability Forms:
However, typically the forms that you will need to fill in and file are:
- SSA-16-BK – the main Social Security Disability form
- SSA-3368-BK – the Adult Disability form (those applying online don’t need to fill this form separately; it is a part of the main online disability application)
- SSA-3369-BK – the work history report
- SSA-827-BK – this form is an authorization to disclose information to the Social Security Administration. Please be aware that when you sign this form, you are allowing the SSA complete access to all the medical, work and educational records that support or validate your claim.
Important notice: If you are filling out the Social Security Disability forms yourself, then please ensure that you are using the latest version of the form. There will be a revision date mentioned at the bottom left corner of each form. If the revision date is older than a year or two, or you’re not really sure whether you have the right form, then please either call the SSA toll free number or go to your nearest SSA office to get the correct forms.
Publications to help you fill your Social Security Disability form correctly
The SSA strongly advises its applicants to go through the various publications released to help them fill in the Social Security Disability form(s) correctly. Here is a list of the most relevant:
If you are filling in your Social Security Disability form by hand, please ensure that you use pens with either blue or black ink and ensure your writing is legible.